Xiaomi’s Black Shark 2 pressure sensitive gaming smartphone first surfaced back in March 2019. According to the reports, the all-new smartphone will be available soon in India as it has bagged the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) certification. The brand has started sending out invites for its official launch in India which is happening on May 27, 2019.
The successor to Black Shark Helo, the Black Shark 2 features a pressure-sensitive 6.39-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with HDR that offers different gaming response whenever the pressure is varied. The smartphone packs a 4,000 mAh battery while features a dual rear camera architecture with a 48MP primary camera and a 12MP secondary camera. It also features a 20MP front camera.
Powering the Black Shark 2 is a Snapdragon 855 processor while the smartphone has been equipped with a vapour chamber cooling system for a lower chipset temperature. The Black Shark 2 gaming smartphone is available with a starting price tag of 3199 yuan (INR 32,200) in China. According to the reports, the smartphone will be getting a similar price tag once launched in India.
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Specs
- 6.39-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 display
- 108.9% DCI – P3 colour gamut, 430 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform
- 1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB/8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- 8GB/12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie), Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Samsung GM1 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash
- 12MP 1/3.6″ Samsung S5K3M5, a telephoto lens with f/2.2 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 6P lens, 2x lossless zoom
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.9μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 163.61×75.01x 8.77mm
- Weight: 205 grams
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO )
- Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery
- 27W fast charging