Xiaomi has officially launched the Pro version of the Black Shark 2 smartphone in China with a starting price tag of 2999 Yuan (INR 30,000). Black Shark is a Chinese company specialised in designing high-end gaming phones. The newly-launched Black Shark 2 Pro will be available in 5 colours: Electric black, Ice ash, Blue, Orange, and Purple. The smartphone will go on sale in China starting from 2nd August.
The display of the handset is of 6.39 inches with a Full HD+ resolution (2349×1080 pixels). It has an aspect ratio of 19.5:9 plus the display has 108.9% DCI with P3 colour gamut and 430 nits brightness. The smartphone is powered by an Octa-core Snapdragon 855 Plus processor (1x Kryo with 2.96 GHz + 3x Kryo 485 at 2.42 GHz + 4x Kryo 385 at 1.8 GHz) with 7nm mobile platform, mated to a 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU (Graphics Processing Unit).
The smartphone is an enhanced version of the Black Shark 2 that was rolled out in the market the previous year. Black Shark 2 Pro comes with 12GB of RAM as standard with two UFS 3.0 internal storage options: 128GB and 256 GB.
The touch response speed of the smartphone is of 34.7ms and its touch algorithm optimization has been specially designed for gaming. The Black Shark 2 Pro also features DC dimming 2.0, which helps in replacing quick flashes with constant illumination.
The smartphone also comprises of an improved liquid cooling system that reduces the CPU’s core temperature. As of now, nothing has been announced officially regarding the launch of the Black Shark 2 Pro in the Indian market though, we can expect it to be available in the country after a few weeks.
Variant-Wise Price List
- 12GB+128GB: 2999 Yuan (INR 30,000)
- 12GB+256GB: 3499 Yuan (INR 35,000)
Black Shark 2 Pro Specs
- 6.39-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 display
- 108.9% DCI – P3 colour gamut, 430 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus
- 1 x Kryo 485 at 2.96GHz + 3 x Kryo 485 at 2.42GHz + 4 x Kryo 385 at 1.8GHz
- 7nm Mobile Platform with 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB/256GB (UFS 3.0) internal storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie), Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash,
- 12MP 1/3.6″ Samsung S5K3M5 telephoto lens with f/2.2 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 6P lens, 2x lossless zoom
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.9μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 163.61×75.01x 8.77mm
- Weight: 205 grams
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO )
- Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with 27W fast charging