Xiaomi has launched the India-spec version of the Redmi 7A which gets an update in the form of a 12MP rear camera with Sony IMX486 sensor with 1.25um pixel size and AI features. The phone shares its camera features with the India-specific variants of the Redmi Note 7 and the Mi A2. On the other hand, China-specific Redmi 7A comes with a 13MP rear camera sensor with 1.12um pixel size.
Xiaomi Redmi 7A is priced at INR 5,799 for its base variant which has 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage. But this price is only for July and from the next month, it can be purchased at INR 5,999. The 32GB internal storage variant is available for INR 5,999 for July only and after that, it can be purchased at INR 6,199. The phone will be available from Mi.com, Mi Home, and Flipkart starting from 11th July.
The Redmi 7A smartphone is the successor to last year’s Redmi 6A. The company had been calling the Redmi 5A and 6A ‘Desh ka Smartphone’, and now the 7A is being promoted by the company as ‘Smart Desh ka Smartphone’. The Redmi 7A is the company’s latest budget mobile phone. Till date, Xiaomi has sold over 23.6 million units of Redmi 4A, 5A, and 6A combined.
Redmi 7A Specifications
- 5.45-inch (1440 x 720 pixels) 18:9 HD+
- 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 439 Mobile Platform
- Quad 1.95GHz Cortex A53 + Quad 1.45GHz Cortex A53
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB/32GB storage
- Expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX486, 1.25um pixel size, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, Wireless FM Radio
- Splash resistant (P2i nano-coating)
- Dimensions: 146.30mm × 70.41mm × 9.55mm
- Weight: 150 grams
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) built-in battery