The Redmi Note 8 Pro has been launched in India with a starting price tag of INR 14,999. The smartphone comes featured with a 6.53-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with HDR support. It has a 2.05mm narrow top frame, 1.8mm left and right borders, and 4.2mm bottom border that offers a 91.4% screen-to-body ratio.
This is the world’s first smartphone to come featured with the latest MediaTek Helio G90T SoC. Not just that, the Redmi Note 8 Pro is also the first phone in this price range to feature liquid cooling that will reduce the temperature of the phone by 4-6 degrees.
For optics, the smartphone gets a quad rear camera setup. It has a 64MP primary rear camera that has a Samsung GW1 sensor, an 8MP 120-degree ultra-wide-angle lens, a 2MP depth sensor and a 2MP sensor for 2cm macro shots. There is a 20MP selfie camera at the front.
The Redmi Note 8 Pro gets a 3D glass back curved on the four sides with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection and has a splash-resistant body with IP52 ratings. It gets a dedicated dual SIM and microSD card slots. It also has a built-in Alexa integration. The smartphone comes in a pack with a 4500mAh battery with support for MediaTek Pump Express 18W fast charging.
The all-new Note 8 Pro is available in 3 colour options – Gamma Green, Halo White, and Shadow Black. It is priced at INR 14,999 for 6GB RAM and 64GB internal storage, INR 15,999 for 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage while the 8GB RAM with 128GB internal storage variant of the smartphone comes priced at INR 17,999. It will be on sale on Amazon.in and mi.com from October 21st.
Redmi Note 8 Pro Specs
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio G90T 12nm processor
- Dual 2.05GHz A76 + Hexa 2GHz A55 CPUs
- 800MHz Mali-G76 3EEMC4 GPU
- 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- 6GB/8GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10, upgradable to MIUI 11
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.72″ Samsung GW1 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, EIS
- 8MP 120° ultra-wide-angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size
- 2MP depth sensor
- 2MP camera for 2cm macro with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Built-in Alexa with a dual wake word
- Splash resistant (IP52)
- Dimensions: 161.37×76.4×8.79mm
- Weight: 199.8 grams
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz)
- Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with 18W fast charging