Earlier this year, Xiaomi launched the Mi CC9 and CC9e smartphones in China with AMOLED display, triple rear camera setup, and an in-display fingerprint sensor in July. Recently, the brand has officially launched the Mi 9 Lite at an event held in Spain. The Mi 9 Lite is the global version of the Mi CC9 while the design and specifications remain the same.
The Mi 9 Lite is similar to the Mi CC9 as it comes featured with a 6.39-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with a screen-to-body ratio of 91%. The smartphone comes powered by a Snapdragon 710 SoC with Game Turbo 2.0 paired with up to 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. Instead of the physical fingerprint scanner, the Mi 9 Lite features a seventh-gen in-display fingerprint scanner.
The colour options for the smartphone include White Lover, Blue Planet, and Dark Prince. The colour options produce a 3D effect and also adopts a vertical logo that is similar to Mi CC9 and Mi A3. For optics, the smartphone gets a triple rear camera setup. It gets a 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor with f/1.79 aperture, an 8MP 118-degree ultra-wide-angle lens and a 2MP depth sensor.
For the front, it has a 32MP selfie camera that merges four pixels to form large 1.6um pixels for better low-light images and AI-beautify mode. Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite comes in a pack with a 4030mAH battery with QC 4.0 charging and comes with 18W fast charger in the box.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite starts at €319 (INR 25,200 approximately) for 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage variant. The 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version comes priced at €349 (INR 27,600 approximately).
Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite Specs
- 6.39-inch (1080 × 2280 pixels) Full HD+
- AMOLED display with 103.8% NTSC colour gamut
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform
- Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs
- Adreno 616 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB/128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, EIS
- 8MP 118-degree ultra-wide-angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- 2MP depth sensor with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res audio, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 156.8×74.5×8.67mm; Weight: 179g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band
- Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC USB Type-C
- 4030mAh (typical) / 3940mAh (minimum) battery with QC 4.0 charging, 18W fast charger