Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 Officially Announced, Coming to India Soon
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 was launched on Monday, September 11 at an event in China and is a more stunning sequel of Mi Mix. On first glance the Mi Mix 2 looks like a phone that you’d be far more likely to want to live with.
Difference from Mi Mix: The phone features a massive 5.99-inch bezel-less display with 18:9 aspect ratio, ceramic body, 6GB RAM, and facial recognition technology. Apart from these, highlights of the new Mi MIX 2 include the implementation of a 12-percent smaller chin (bottom bezel) than the previous generation Mi MIX, the use of a hidden sound-guided speaker as well as an ultrasonic proximity sensor.
Specifications: The Dual-SIM (Nano-SIM) Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 features a 5.99-inch FHD (1080×2160 pixels) 18:9 display with a pixel density of 403ppi and a DCI-P3 colour gamut. It is powered by a Snapdragon 835 SoC clocked at up to 2.45GHz and coupled with 6GB of RAM (8GB RAM for the Special Edition). It sports a 12-megapixel Sony IMX386 sensor with 1.25-micron pixels, 4-axis optical image stabilization, 5-piece lens, an f/2.0 aperture, as well as a facial recognition feature. On the front, it bears a 5-megapixel front camera with a facial recognition function.
There are three inbuilt storage variants, namely – 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB. The storage is not expandable. Connectivity options include 4G LTE, dual-band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi 802.11ac, GPS/ A-GPS, Bluetooth v5.0, and USB Type-C.
Hidden sound-guided speaker: The company details it to be a ‘cantilever piezoelectric ceramic acoustic technology’ that resonates the sound through the metal frame and delivers it through the screen itself, completely hiding the speaker on the smartphone.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 Specifications
– 5.99-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels)
– Full HD+ 18:9 display
– 1500:1 contrast ratio
– DCI-P3 color gamut
– Android 7.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
– Dual SIM (nano + nano)
– 2.45GHz Octa-Core Processor
– Snapdragon 835 64-bit 10nm
– Adreno 540 Graphic Processor
– 6GB LPDDR4x RAM
– Storage: 64GB | 128GB | 256GB
– 8GB LPDDR4x RAM (Special Edition)
– 128GB storage (Special Edition)
– Dimensions: 151.8x 75.5 ×7.7 mm (Standard)
– Weight: 185g (Standard)
– Dimensions: 150.5x 74.6 ×7.7 mm (Special)
– Weight: 187g (Special Edition)
– 12MP rear camera with Sony IMX386 sensor
– 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
– Dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS
– 4K video recording
– 5MP front-facing camera
– facial recognition, 1080p video recording
– Fingerprint sensor
– 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO )
– Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
– 3400mAh (typical) / 3300mAh (minimum) battery
– Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 Price
– 6GB RAM + 64GB ROM: 3299 Yuan (INR 32,300)
– 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM: 3599 Yuan (INR 35,300)
– 6GB RAM + 256GB ROM: 3999 Yuan (INR 39,200)
– 8GB RAM + 128GB ROM: 4699 Yuan (INR 46,000)