According to a recent report, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 could soon witness a price drop of INR 8,000. This will make flagship Mi smartphone good for INR 24,999. At this price, it successfully beats OnePlus 5T and other premium smartphones of its segment.
The report even mentioned at this would be a clean price drop and may not include indirect offers of any kind. Xiaomi is planning to launch Mi Mix 2s in India and that could be the only reason for this drastic drop.
Mi Mix 2 was launched in India six months back while Mi Mix 2S, the updated variant, was recently launched in China. OnePlus 6 will launch in first week of May and Xiaomi cannot let their rival take away the limelight with lesser loaded Mi Mix 2.
As OnePlus will try placing their new flagship around INR 35,000, it would be the best time for Xiaomi to capture premium smartphone segment and beat rivals like OnePlus, Nokia and Honor.
- 5.99 inch (2160 × 1080 pixels), Full HD + 18:9 display
- 1500 : 1 contrast ratio, DCI P3 color gamut
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 2.45 GHz Octa-Core Processor
- Snapdragon 835 64 bit 10 nm
- Adreno 540 Graphic Processor
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Dimensions: 151.8 mm x 75.5 mm × 7.7 mm
- Weight: 185 grams
- 12 MP rear camera with Sony IMX 386 sensor
- 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, Dual tone LED flash
- 4 axis OIS, 4K video recording
- 5 MP front-facing camera, facial recognition
- 1080 p video recording
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE, Wi Fi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU MIMO )
- Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3400 mAh (typical) / 3300 mAh (minimum) battery
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging