Xiaomi has lived up to its promise and announced the Mi Pad 4 finally. The tablet is 9.4% smaller than its predecessor and boasts an 8-inch full HD screen with an aspect ratio of 16:10. The Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 runs on Android Oreo 8.1 out of the box and is powered by a Snapdragon 660 chipset.
The tablet has a 13-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front camera with AI-powered Face Unlock. The build quality is good, the body is made up of metal and it comes in a WiFi and 4G version with nano-SIM support and a 6000mAh battery.
The tablet will come in two variants, a 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage version, and a 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage version. The tablet is Android 8.1 based and has an MIUI skin overlayed on it. Other features include Bluetooth 5.0 and USB Type-C charging port.
The Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 comes in two colors, a Black and a Gold variant available across both the RAM and ROM configurations. The lower-specced variant will be priced at 1099 yuan (INR 11,500 approx.) and the higher specced variant will be priced at 1399 yuan (INR 14,600 approx.). It is announced to go on sale on June 27, 2018, in China.
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Specifications
- 8-inch (1920 x 1200 pixels) FHD+ display
- 16:10 aspect ratio,1200:1 contrast ratio
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform
- Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs
- Adreno 512 GPU
- 3GB (LPDDR4x) RAM with 32GB (eMMC 5.1) storage
- 4GB (LPDDR4x) RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) internal storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, OV13855 sensor
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, Samsung S5K5E8 sensor
- Dimensions: 200.2 x 120.3 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 242.5 grams
- 4G LTE (optional), WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz)
- Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 6000mAh battery
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Price List
- 3GB RAM + 32GB Storage (Wi-Fi): 1099 yuan (INR 11,500 approx.)
- 4GB RAM + 64GB Storage (Wi-Fi): 1399 yuan (INR 14,600 approx.)
- 4GB RAM + 64GB Storage (4G): 1499 yuan (INR 154,600 approx.)