Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus was announced internationally for 999 yuan ($150, INR 9700 approx). Redmi phones were earlier offered in a single model with multiple memory variants while this time, they have divided them on the basis of two different screen and chipset models.
The bigger Redmi 5 Plus is powered by 2GHz Snapdragon 625 processor with Adreno 506 GPU. The display used here is 5.99 inch, full HD+ unit with 2.5D curved glass. It comes with a rear placed fingerprint sensor.
As the name clearly explains, Redmi 5 Plus comes with bigger memory options (3GB/32GB, 4GB/64GB) in comparison to Redmi 5. The rear camera is shared among both the devices (12MP unit with PDAF) while front gets an additional flash on the 5MP sensor on Redmi 5.
Redmi 5 Plus weighs 180 grams and measures 8.05 mm in thickness. A bigger 4000 mAh battery in being used on the flagship Redmi model. Chinese market will get Light Blue, Gold, Rose Gold and Black shade for the new phone.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus Specifications
- 5.99-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9
- 2.5D curved glass display with 450 nits Brightness
- 84% NTSC Color Gamut, 1000: 1 Contrast Ratio
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF
- 5MP front-facing camera with LED flash
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm Mobile Platform
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB/4GB RAM with 32GB/64GB storage
- Expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 75.45 x 8.05mm; Weight: 180g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (typcial) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus Price
- 3GB RAM+32GB Storage – 999 yuan (INR 9,700 approx.)
- 4GB RAM+64GB Storage – 1299 yuan (INR 12,700 approx.)
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus Shades
The Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus will be available in Black, Light Blue, Gold and Rose Gold colors. The all-new smartphone will go on sale in China starting from December 12th. It is expected to launch in India in a coming weeks.