Xiaomi Redmi 5 was recently announced internationally for 799 yuan ($120, INR 7800 approx). The phone will carry forward the legacy of affordable technology being offered under the Redmi Brand.
First time in the Redmi history, Xiaomi will offer a full screen display with 18:9 ratio. It comes with a 5.7 inch, end to end display that offers 1440×720 pixel HD+ display and 2.5D curved glass. It retains the older 2GB/16GB and 3GB/32GB combination in terms of RAM and internal storage.
Redmi 5 brings Snapdragon 450 processor with Adreno 506 GPU for the best ever user experience. The phone runs on Android 7.1.2 and brings hybrid dual SIM slot, fingerprint sensor, 4G VoLTE and much more as standard.
Front camera stays the same 5MP unit as earlier version while rear comes with a 12MP sensor with PDAF. It weighs 157 grams and comes with 7.7mm of overall width. Battery on use here is 3300 mAh. It can be bought in Black, Light Blue, Rose Gold and Gold shade in China.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Specifications
- 5.7-inch (1440 × 720 pixels) HD+ 18:9
- 2.5D curved glass display with 450 nits Brightness
- 72% NTSC Color Gamut, 1000: 1 Contrast Ratio
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 14nm Mobile Platform
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 2GB/3GB RAM with 16GB/32GB storage
- Expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 151.8 × 72.8 × 7.7mm; Weight: 157g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3300mAh (typcial) / 3200mAh (minimum) battery
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF
- 5MP front-facing camera with LED flash
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Price
- 2GB RAM+16GB Storage – 799 yuan (INR 7,800 approx.)
- 3GB RAM+32GB Storage – 899 yuan (INR 8,800 approx.)
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Shades
The Xiaomi Redmi 5 will be available in Black, Light Blue, Gold and Rose Gold colors. The all-new smartphone will go on sale in China starting from December 12th. It is expected to launch in India in coming weeks.