Xiaomi’s Redmi brand has unveiled its all-new budget smartphone by the name Redmi 7A in China. It is the successor to the Redmi 6A which was launched last year. The pricing for the smartphone will be announced on May 28 along with the official launch of the “Flagship Killer 2.0” smartphone, the Redmi K20. The Redmi 7A will be available in the market in Black and Blue colours while it will be available in India in the coming weeks.
The smartphone features a 5.45-inch curved glass display with a resolution of 1440×720 pixels. It runs on MIUI 10 based on Android 9.0 (Pie) while gets an Octa-Core Snapdragon 439 processor paired with Adreno 505 GPU. The Redmi 7A has been revealed in 2 variants: 2GB of RAM with 16GB of internal storage and 3GB of RAM with 32GB of internal storage, expandable via a microSD card up to 256GB.
Xiaomi Redmi 7A packs a 4000mAh built-in battery and gets a spill-resistant coating. The smartphone features a 13MP rear camera with LED flash and a 5MP selfie camera at the front. It gets a dual SIM architecture and features Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, and GPS as connectivity options.
Xiaomi Redmi 7A Specs
- 5.45-inch (1440 x 720 pixels)
- 18:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 439 Processor
- Quad 1.95GHz Cortex A53 + Quad 1.45GHz Cortex A53
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage
- Expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, PDAF
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, Wireless FM Radio
- Splash resistant (P2i nano-coating)
- Dimensions: 146.30×70.41×9.55mm
- Weight: 150 grams
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) built-in battery