Xiaomi’s sub-brand Redmi yesterday revealed the Redmi K30 5G and 4G versions at an event in China. The smartphone comes featured with a 6.67-inch Full HD+ 120Hz LCD screen. The dual-punch hole screen gets 91% of screen-to-body ratio. Talking about the 5G variant of the smartphone, the K30 5G becomes the world’s first phone to come powered by the latest Snapdragon 765G with support for built-in 5G stand-alone and non-stand alone (SA/NSA) sub-6-GHz networks. On the other hand, the Redmi K30 4G is powered by a Snapdragon 730G processor.
Apart from the processor, all of the specifications for the 5G and 4G variants of the smartphone are same. The Xiaomi Redmi K30 has a 5mm copper tube liquid cooling technology that can bring the temperature of the smartphone down by up to 7-degrees.
In terms of optics, it gets a quad rear camera setup. It has a 64MP primary rear camera with Sony IMX686 sensor making it the world’s first smartphone to get this sensor, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, a 2MP sensor (5MP in K30 5G) for 2cm super macro shots, and a 2MP camera for portrait shots.
Coming to the design of the smartphone, it gets a 3D curved frosted glass body with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection along with a side-mounted fingerprint scanner. The Redmi K30 comes in a pack with 4500mAh battery with 30W Flash Charge fast charging with new charging architecture with a charging conversion efficiency of up to 97% that can charge the smartphone in just 1 hour.
The 4G variant of the Redmi K30, however, gets 27W fast charging. The smartphone has been launched in China in four colour options: White, Blue, Red, and Purple. The Redmi K30 4G will go on sale from December 12th in China whereas the K30 5G will be available from January 2020. As of now, Xiaomi has not revealed anything officially regarding the launch of the Redmi K30 in the Indian market.
Redmi K30 Specifications
- 6.67-inch (1080×2400 pixels) Full HD+
- 20:9 LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate
- HDR 10, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- K30 5G – Octa-Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- K30 4G – Octa-Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 730G 8nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 618 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB/128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB/256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Expandable storage up to 512GB via microSD card
- Android 10 with MIUI 11, Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 64MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm, f/1.89 aperture
- 8MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with 1.12μm, f/2.2 aperture
- 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 2MP (5MP in K30 5G) macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera, 2MP secondary camera with 1.75μm for portrait
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, 1217 Linear Speaker, Smart PA
- Dimensions: 165.3×76.6×8.79mm
- Weight: 208 grams
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz)
- Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency (L1+L5) (K30 5G), GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) / 4400mAh (Minimum) battery with 30W (K30 5G) flash / 27W (K30) fast charging
Redmi K30 4G Price List
- 6GB+64GB – 1599 Yuan (INR 16,000)
- 6GB+128GB – 1699 Yuan (INR 17,000)
- 8GB+128GB – 1899 Yuan (INR 19,000)
- 8GB+256GB – 2199 Yuan (INR 22,000)
Redmi K30 5G Price List
- 6GB+64GB – 1999 Yuan (INR 20,000)
- 6GB+128GB – 2299 Yuan (INR 23,000)
- 8GB+128GB – 2599 Yuan (INR 26,000)
- 8GB+256GB – 2899 Yuan (INR 29,000)