Xiaomi’s Redmi brand has officially announced the Redmi Note 8, which adds on to the company’s latest mid-range smartphone range in the Note series in China. The Note 8 comes featured with a 6.39-inch full HD+ LCD screen with 90% screen-to-body ratio. It also gets TUV Rheinland eye protection certification. The smartphone comes powered by a Snapdragon 665 11nm chip with up to 6GB of RAM.
For optics, the smartphone gets a quad-rear camera setup. It has a 48MP primary camera with 4-in-1 pixel binning for low-light shots, an 8MP 120-degree ultra-wide-angle lens, a 2MP depth sensor and a 2MP sensor for 2cm macro shots. At the front, the phone gets a 13MP selfie camera. The all-new Redmi Note 8 comes with an improved speaker with 40% better output as compared to its predecessor. It also has a nanomesh coating with the nanoscale filament for patented automatic cleaning of dust.
The smartphone has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, which is 30% smaller than the Note 7, but it unlocks faster. The front and back of the smartphone are secured by the 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection with splash resistant coating.
For backup performance, the smartphone comes in a pack with a 4000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging. The smartphone is available in three colour options: Black, Blue and White, and it will go on sale in China from September 17. The Redmi Note 8 is expected to launch in the Indian market in the coming weeks.
Variant-Wise Price List
- 4GB+64GB – 999 yuan (INR 10,000)
- 6GB+64GB – 1199 yuan (INR 12,000)
- 6GB+128GB – 1399 yuan (INR 14,000)
Redmi Note 8 Specifications
- 6.39-inch (2340 ×1080 pixels) Full HD+
- 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass LCD screen
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 665 11nm Mobile Platform
- Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB storage
- 6GB RAM with 64GB storage
- 6GB RAM with 128GB storage
- Expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM, Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- 48MP rear camera with Dual LED Flash, f/1.79 aperture, Sony IMX586 sensor, 6P lens, PDAF, EIS,
- 8MP 120° ultra-wide-angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size
- 2MP depth sensor
- 2MP camera for 2cm macro with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 13MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Dimensions: 158.3 x 75.3×8.35mm
- Weight: 190 grams
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Smart PA, FM Radio
- Splash proof (P2i nano coating)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz)
- Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with 18W fast charging