Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 8 has been launched in India with a starting price tag of INR 9,999. It is the company’s latest mid-range smartphone under the Note series. The smartphone comes featured with a 6.39-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with 90% screen-to-body ratio. It is powered by Snapdragon 665 that has 11nm chipset with up to 6GB of RAM.
For optics, the smartphone gets a quad rear camera setup. It has a 48MP primary rear camera with 4-in-1 pixel binning for low light shots, an 8MP 120-degree ultra-wide-angle lens, a 2MP depth sensor, and a 2MP sensor for 2cm macro shots.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 is equipped with a 13MP selfie camera at the front. The phone features an improved speaker with 40% better output compared to its predecessor. The Indian version of the smartphone has dedicated dual SIM and microSD card slots, same as the Redmi Note 8.
The Redmi Note 8 comes with a 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on front and back. The smartphone has an Aura fluid S-shaped holographic design, and a nanostructure optical diffraction pattern.
The smartphone has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, which is 30% smaller than the Note 7 but it unlocks faster. The smartphone has a splash-resistant P2i coating and comes in a pack with a 4000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging.
The all-new Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 is available in 4 colour options: Neptune Blue, Moonlight White, Cosmic Purple, and Space Black. The 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage variant of the smartphone come priced at INR 9,999 whereas the 6GB RAM and 128GB model is available for INR 12,999. It will go on sale on Amazon.in and mi.com from 21st October.
Redmi Note 8 Specs
- 6.39-inch (2340 ×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9
- 2.5D curved glass LCD screen, 450 nit brightness
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 665 11nm Mobile Platform
- Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB/128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- 48MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.79 aperture, Samsung ISOCELL GM2 sensor, PDAF, EIS
- 8MP 120° ultra-wide-angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size
- 2MP depth sensor
- 2MP camera for 2cm macro with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 13MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Dimensions: 158.3 x 75.3×8.35mm
- Weight: 190 grams
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Smart PA, FM Radio
- Splash-proof (P2i nano-coating)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz)
- Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with 18W fast charging