Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro was recently announced by the company at an event in China. The smartphone comes at a starting price tag of 1399 yuan (INR 14,000 approximately) for 6GB RAM and 64GB internal storage option. It comes with a 6.53-inch full HD+ LCD screen with 91.4% screen-to-body ratio and has TUV Rheinland eye protection certification.
For optics, the phone gets a quad rear camera setup. It gets a 64MP primary rear camera with Samsung GW1 sensor, an 8MP 120-degree ultra-wide-angle lens, a 2MP depth sensor, and a 2MP sensor for 2cm macro shots. The front camera of the smartphone consists of a 20MP sensor.
The Redmi Note 8 Pro is the World’s first smartphone to be powered by the latest MediaTek Helio G90T SoC and also becomes the first phone in this price range to feature liquid cooling that will reduce the temperature of the phone by 4 to 6 degrees.
The all-new Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro gets a 3D glass curved back design and also has a splash-resistant body with IP52 ratings. The company has also partnered with MediaTek for chip-level network optimization that intelligently predicts the network environment.
The Redmi Note 8 Pro is equipped with a 4500mAh battery which comes with Quick Charge 3.0. With 18W fast charging the phone gets to charge up to 30% in 21 minutes and 50% in 36 minutes. The company has also introduced the ‘World of Warcraft’ limited edition Note 8 Pro with custom cases and themes among other accessories.
The smartphone will be available in three colour options: White, Jade Green and Electric Grey. Along with the Pro version company also launched the basic version of the phone that is Redmi Note 8. The all-new Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 series is expected to launch in the Indian market in the coming weeks.
Variant-Wise Price List
- 6GB+64GB: 1399 yuan (INR 14,000)
- 6GB+128GB: 1599 yuan (INR 16,000)
- 8GB+128GB: 1799 yuan (INR 18,000)
Redmi Note 8 Pro Specs
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio G90T 12nm processor
- Dual 2.05GHz A76 + Hexa 2GHz A55 CPUs
- 800MHz Mali-G76 3EEMC4 GPU
- 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- 6GB/8GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Dual SIM, Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.72″ Samsung GW1 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, EIS
- 8MP 120° ultra-wide-angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size
- 2MP depth sensor
- 2MP camera for 2cm macro with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front camera
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Splash resistant (IP52)
- Dimensions: 161.3×76.4×8.79mm
- Weight: 199.8 grams
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz)
- Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with 18W fast charging (supports QC 3.0, QC 4+, USB PD and MTK PE)