2022 Raksha Bandhan Wishes, Images & Greetings (Happy Rakhi SMS)
Raksha Bandhan is a wonderful celebration that honours the profound link of love between siblings and is observed throughout the country. The day will be observed this year on August 11th, 2022. Raksha Bandhan loosely translates to ‘protection’ and ‘bond.’ As a homage to the siblings, it is one of the most important celebrations in India.
“Rakhi” refers to the holy thread of protection customarily knotted on the right wrists of brothers by sisters. Raksha Bandhan is an auspicious feast that happens on a full moon day (Purnima) during the Sawan month of the Hindu calendar. This year’s festival will take place all day on Thursday.
Rakhi aka Raksha Bandhan in India: In India, people of Hindu, Jain, and Sikh religions celebrate Rakhi aka Raksha Bandhan with great enthusiasm. The festival is mostly observed by Hindus in northern and western India, as well as Nepal, Pakistan, and Mauritius. The Jain community also reveres the event, at which Jain priests bestow ceremonial threads on adherents. The Sikhs celebrate this festival of brother-sister love called “Rakhardi” or “Rakhari.”
There are various legends about the inception of this festival, but the most prominent one is considered to be Lord Krishna and Draupadi’s. Lord Krishna had sliced his finger by mistake with the Sudarshan Chakra. Draupadi, the Pandavas’ wife, was in great anguish when she saw him in distress, so she tore a piece of her vastra and attached it to Lord Krishna’s bleeding finger to help relieve his pain and halt the blood flow.
In exchange, Lord Krishna was moved by her act and pledged to protect her from all evils in the world in exchange. And later, when the Kauravas attempted to humiliate her in court by disrobing her, Lord Krishna blessed his sister and caused the sari she was wearing to become infinite in length. This is how her brother, as promised, protected her from the horrors.
2022 Raksha Bandhan Wishes in English
- Brothers are like streetlights along the road, they don’t make distance any shorter but they light up the path and make the walk worthwhile. Happy Rakhi!
- You are the person who holds me in my bad times, you are the person who dances with me in my happiness. I can’t recall even a single day when you were absent from my life. I really love you. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- God sent in my life a beautiful Angel in your guise, Sister. In good times or bad ones, you’re ready to extend your help and support. Thanks for all you do. Happy Rakhi!
- You were always my best friend, looking out for me, making sure the path I travelled on was smooth. Even if I searched the world over, there cannot be a better brother than you. Wishing You Life’s Best Always.
- You never say no, you never say that’s impossible and you never say you can’t. That’s my bro, a superman who makes things possible and who makes paths smoother. I love you, Bro. Happy Rakhi!
- The most amazing thing about having a sister is like having a best friend in life. Thank you for always being there for me Sis. Happy Rakhi!
- Rakhi is a combination of five meaningful words –
R: rock healthy relationship
A: acceptance all along
K: kindness to the core
H: heartwarming presence
I: idealistic relationship,
Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- Dearest sister, First of all, a very “Happy Raksha Bandhan”.
This Raksha Bandhan I promise
I will always hold your back,
Whenever you turn back,
You will find me always.
- We disagree. We fight. We argue. But my love for you is eternal. Happy Raksha Bandhan to you dear sister.
- You are my best friend who has always been there for me. I know that whenever I need you, you will always be there for me. Thank you for all the love, care and support! Happy Raksha Bandhan!
2022 Raksha Bandhan Wishes in Hindi
- आया है एक जश्न का त्यौहार,
जिसमे होता है भाई-बहन का प्यार,
चलो मनाए राखी का ये त्यौहार।
- हल्दी है तो चन्दन है,
राखी है तो रिश्तों का बन्धन है।
- लाल गुलाबी राखी से रंग रहा संसार,
सूरज की किरणे खुशियों की बहार,
चाँद की चाँदनी अपनों का प्यार,
मुबारक हो आपको राखी का त्यौहार।
- चन्दन की लकड़ी फूलों का हार,
अगस्त का महीना सावन की फुहार,
भैया की कलाई बहन का प्यार,
मुबारक हो आपको रक्षा-बन्धन का त्यौहार।
- रक्षा-बन्धन का त्यौहार है,
हर तरफ खुशियों की बौछार है,
और बंधा एक रेशम की डोरी में
भाई-बहन का प्यार है।