2021 Dussehra Wishes, SMS and Greetings [Best Happy Dussehra 2021 Images]
What is Dussehra?
India is well-known for its culture and numerous festivals, and Dussehra is one of the most significant festivals for Hindus. Dussehra, also known as Vijayadashmi, is a celebration of the triumph of virtue over evil. According to the Hindu calendar, it is observed on the tenth day of the month Ashvin.
When is Dussehra 2021?
Dussehra festival will be celebrated on October 15, 2021, this year. The name ‘Dussehra’ is derived from the Sanskrit words ‘Dasha’ and ‘Hara,’ which signify conquering the ten. The festival also commemorates the completion of the nine-day Navratri celebration.
The Significance of Dussehra
People in various parts of the country celebrate Dussehra in diverse ways. Dussehra has a slew of tales attached to it. As per the Hindu epic Ramayan, this is the day when Ram, the seventh avatar of Vishnu, defeated Ravan, the ten-headed demon ruler. Ravan had kidnapped Sita, Ram’s wife, and taken her to his realm, Lanka. On this day, Lord Ram killed Ravan and rescued Sita Ji.
Dussehra is also linked with the goddess Durga. According to legend, Mahishasur was gaining strength and conquering the gods. The gods enlisted the assistance of the trinity of Vishnu, Shiva, and Brahma. Durga was formed when the three gods combined their might.
All of the gods offered their weapons to the goddess to combat the monster. She led a nine-day and nine-night struggle against Mahishasur. On the tenth day, Durga defeated Mahishasur.
Here is the best collection of 2021 Dussehra Wishes, SMS, Greetings, and Images to share with your friends and relatives on WhatsApp, Telegram and Instagram:
2021 Dussehra Wishes (Best Collection)
- As the candlelight flame Your life may always be happy, As the mountain high You move without shy, As sunshine creates morning glory, The fragrance fills years as Flory, All darkness is far away, As light is on its way. Wishing You all a very Happy Dussehra 2021!
- This Dusshera, I wish you to develop all the qualities of Lord Rama. May you be an ideal son, a perfect brother and an idyllic husband! Happy Dusshera!
- As Shri Ram kills Ravana And comes back to people he loves, As Maa Durga kills Mahisasura, And prepares to go back to her heavenly abode, May these good-over-evil stories, Inspire you towards your own victories! To meet great targets! Aspire & Stretch! Tide over bad times! Make the best of your good times! And just enjoy! Wishing U and your family A Very Happy Vijaya Dashami & a Happy Dussehra 2021!!
- May Lord Rama always… keep showering his blessings upon you…. May your life be prosperous and… trouble free throughout. Happy Dussehra!!
- May this Dussehra, light up for you. The hopes of Happy times, And dreams for a year full of smiles! Wish you a Happy Dussehra…..!
- May all the tensions in your life burn along with the effigy of Ravna. May you be successful and happy ever! Happy Dussehra!
- Let’s start a great life by conquering our eternal 5 evils – Kaam, Krodh, Lobh, Moh, Ahankar… Let’s take the oath to give a dimension to our life on this auspicious festival. A very happy Dussehra 2021 to you and your family!
- Before the golden sun rises let me decorate each of the rays wid success & happiness to you & your family. Happy Dussehra 2021!
- Happy Dussehra to all of you. Hope this festive season brings lots of joy to all of you.
- Let the joy of festivity embrace you & your loved ones on the occasion of Dussehra this year! Very Happy Dussehra to you & your family.
- Celebrate the triumph of the force of good over the force of evil. Let us celebrate an auspicious day to begin a new chapter in our lives. Happy Dussehra!
- Truth always leads to the victory. Happy Dussehra to you and your family!
- Vijaya Dashmi, the festival of conquering over demons, may you triumph in all aspects of your life, Happy Vijayadashmi! May all the sweet enchantment of Dussehra conspire to gladden your hearts and fulfil every yearning. Wishing you and your family a Happy Dussehra!
- Day for the victory of Ram over Ravana. When in Satya Yug, Ram killed the great demon and king of Lanka, Ravana. Let’s celebrate together and believe in the blessings of God for good. Happy Dussehra 2021!
Best Happy Dussehra Images 2021
2021 Dussehra Greetings in Hindi
- Ho aapki life me khushiyon ka mela kabhi na aaye koi jhamela, sada sukhi rahe aapka basera, Wish you a Happy Dussehra 2021!
- Phool Khile Khushi Aap Ke Kadam Chume, Kabhi Na Ho Dukho Ka Samna, Dhan Hi Dhan Aye Aap Ke Angana, Yahi He Dussehra K Shubh Avsar Par hmari Manokamna.
- Yeh pal ho sunehera, duniya me naam ho roshan tumahara, dusron ko dikhako tum kinara, yehi aashirwaad hai hamara. Happy happy and very happy Dussehra!
- Khushiyon Ka Tyohaar, Pyaar Ki Bauchaar, Mithaiyon Ki Bahar, Is Dussehra Ke Shubh Din Aapko Mile Khushiya Hazaar… Happy Dussehra 2021!
- Jaise Ram ji ne jeeta lanka ko. Waise app bhi jeeten saari duniya is Dussehra mil jayen app ko. duniya bhar ki saari khushiyan, Happy Dussehra.
- Jyot se jyot jagete chalo, Prem ki Ganga bahate chalo. Rah me aaye jo din dukhi sab ko gale se lagete chalo. Din Aayega sabka Sunehra. Isliye meri aur se Happy Dussehra 2021!
- Burai par acchai ki jeet ! Dussehra lata hai ek umeed Ravan ki tarah hamare dukhon ka ant ho ek nai shuruat ho ek naye savere ki. Happy Dussehra!
- Vijayadashami ka shubh Parva apke aur apke parivar ke jivan me sukh, samridhi aur shanti bharde. Happy Dussehra 2021!!
- Ravan Jalao. Burai ko aag lagao. Acchai ko apnao. HAPPY DUSSEHRA!
- Kabhi bhi dukh ka aap par na pade saya, Ram ji ke naam ka esa asar hai chhaya, Har pal dhan dhanay aaye aap ke angna, Hai Vijaya Dashmi par meri yhi kaamna! Happy Dussehra 2021!!
- Agyan par ho gyan ki vijay, Burai par achai ki ho jeet, Paap par punneya padta hai bhaari, Aa jaye aap ke paas khushiya saari. Shubh Dussehra!
- Dussehra ek umeed jagata hai, Burai ke aant ki yaad dilata hai, Jo chalta hai satya ki raah pe, Woh vijay ka parteek bn jata hai.
- Ram ji ki kripa se aap pr ho khushiyon ki bauchhar, Esi shubh kaamna hmari aap karo sawikar, Dussehra ki hardik shubh kaamnaye!
- Tyohaaron ke is desh mei, Har tyohar ka hai apna maan, Prem se mnane mei hi hai inki shan, Chalo rchaye Dussehra ki dhum dham. Happy Dussehra 2021!!
- Bheetar ke Raavan ko jo khud aag lgayege, Sahi mayne mei be hi Dussehra manayege. Happy Dussehra!
One Liner Dussehra 2021 Wishes
1) May this Dussehra burn all your trouble with Ravana and bring you and your family tons of happiness.
2) May the triumph of Virtuous over Evil inspire u towards your own victories. Happy Dussehra!!
3) Let us come together to celebrate the triumph of good over evil on this auspicious day. Happy Dussehra to all!!
4) I pray that your life takes a new curve this Vijayadashami. Happy Dussehra !!
5) Dussehra is a festival of victory on evil parts of our lives.
6) Learn to applaud, not to get jealous. Have a holy Dussehra!
7) The truth will always succeed; goodness will always lead! Dussehra is truly about these values. Happy Dussehra, everyone!
8) I pray that you earn all the qualities of Lord Rama and become the perfect son, brother, and husband. Happy Dussehra!
9) Ravan Jalao Burai ko aag lagao Achchai ko apnaao Khub pio or khub khao…Happy Dussehra!!
10) Like the effigies of Ravana, may your difficulties also burn away. Wish you a triumphal Dussehra!
Celebration of Dussehra
In North India, colourful festivals are organised, and Ramleela plays, based on the Ramayan tale, are performed. Stories from the Hindu epic Ramayana are performed out in various parts of the country. On Vijaydashmi, enormous effigies of Ravan, Meghnad, and Kumbhakarn are set on fire.
The effigies are usually loaded with firecrackers. While in the Southern part of India, Karnataka’s state celebration, which began in 1610 by the royal dynasty of Mysuru, includes parades, cultural performances, wrestling contests, and fairs. The idol of Chamundeshwari is carried around the city on a caparisoned elephant on the tenth day, escorted by guards on horses, musicians, dancers, and armed forces, commencing from the Mysore Palace.
Another major celebration of Dussehra happens in Kullu. When the rest of India has finished celebrating Dussehra, the Kullu Valley in Himachal Pradesh begins its celebrations. The deity of Raghunath is paraded through the ancient Dhalpur Maidan atop a magnificent chariot beginning on the tenth day. Over 250 valley deities gather at the maidan for a week, during which a seven-day fair featuring dance and theatre is held.
Goddess Durga is adored in Odisha and West Bengal, and her idol is submerged in a river or a lake on the day of Vijaydashmi. The Sindoor Khela ceremony, in which married ladies apply on each other and the goddess’s statue, is one of the centrepieces of the Durga Puja celebration. The goddess’s idol is paraded around Odisha before being immersed in a local lake or river. Ravan effigies are set on fire following the immersion.
On Dussehra, individuals in Maharashtra establish new businesses or buy new homes since the day is considered fortunate. People trade bidi leaf, which represents gold. This is the day when children in Kerala begin formal schooling. People in Tamil Nadu place dolls of goddesses and gods in their homes, which is known as Bommai Kolu or Golu. Other nations, like Bangladesh and Nepal, also observe Dussehra.
Images & Messages Source: Maxabout SMS