According to the sales report for the top 15 best-selling hatchbacks in July 2020, Maruti Suzuki Alto has bagged the first position in the list with a sales figure of 13,654 units. The next three positions in the list have also been marked by Maruti Suzuki. Following them is Hyundai Grand i10 at the fifth position with a sales figure of 8,368 units.
The sixth position in the list has been marked by Hyundai Elite i20 which registered 6,344 units for July 2020. The sales number registered by this premium hatchback is 30% less when compared to the same month last year.
Maruti’s recent product for the market, the S-Presso was good for 3,604 units in July 2020. It is a decent sales figure considering the fact that it has a pretty odd design and still Maruti Suzuki is able to sell it in good numbers.
Going down in the list, the eleventh position has been marked by Renault Kwid which registered a sales figure of 3,007 units. Following it is Maruti Suzuki Ignis at the twelfth position with a sales figure of 2,421 units. The next two positions have been marked by Hyundai Santro and Toyota Glanza respectively. The last position has been bagged by VW Polo which was good for a sales figure of 1,146 units last month. Here is the complete sales report for the top 15 best-selling hatchbacks in India:
Top 15 Best-Selling Hatchbacks
Sales Report (July 2020)
- Maruti Suzuki Alto – 13,654 units
- Maruti Suzuki WagonR – 13,515 units
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno – 11,575 units
- Maruti Suzuki Swift – 10,173 units
- Hyundai Grand i10 – 8,368 units
- Hyundai Elite i20 – 6,344 units
- Tata Tiago – 5,337 units
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio – 4,799 units
- Tata Altroz – 3,636 units
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso – 3,604 units
- Renault KWID – 3,007 units
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis – 2,421 units
- Hyundai Santro – 1,351 units
- Toyota Glanza – 1,323 units
- Volkswagen Polo – 1,146 units