Samsung Unveils Galaxy Watch Active2 with Military-Level Durability
Samsung has officially unveiled the Galaxy Watch Active2, which is the successor of the Galaxy Watch Active. On digging deep into the specifications, we realised that the smartwatch is packed with features that have been loaded with fitness point of view. The launch of the Galaxy Watch Active happened just six months earlier and now the brand has introduced a less expensive, upgraded and an improved version of the same. The Galaxy Watch Active2 has also received MIL-STD-810G certification for military-level durability.
The smartwatch comes in two model options where one has a display of 44mm and the other has that of 40mm. The former has 1.4 inches and the latter has 1.2 inches curved super AMOLED display. The smartwatch is equipped with bezel rotating control but does not come with a physically rotating bezel which is in contrast with the company’s previous releases.
The bezel is surrounded by a black strip that is touch-sensitive and enables touch controls through the menus on the watch. This offers a better touch experience in comparison to the Galaxy Watch Active.
It is interesting to note that both the products will be available in the market at the same time but will be retailed at different places. The aluminium version will be available in the US as well as in Europe while the stainless steel variants will only be retailed in Europe. The Indian market is expected to get both the versions later this year.
The Galaxy Watch Active 2 is available in both Bluetooth and LTE versions. Although the LTE version has got stainless steel frame whereas the Bluetooth version has got an aluminium frame. The product has been introduced in three colour options: Black, silver and Gold while the smartwatch comes with different strap options like the leather strap and the rubber strap.
It can be said that the watch comes with comparatively better build quality as it is thin in size and on the same hand very light to handle. On the side of the watch, you will notice buttons for navigation and a button to go on the menu. Below the dial, there is an improved version of the heart rate sensor.
The price range for the Galaxy Watch Active2 starts at $279.99 (INR 19,900 approx.) in the US while the smartwatch gets a starting price tag of €299 (INR 23,700 approx.) in Europe. The top-end 44mm LTE model is available in Europe for €469 (INR 37,400 approx).
Galaxy Watch Active2 Specs
- 44mm models: 1.4-inch (360 x 360 pixels) Super AMOLED
- 40mm models: 1.2-inch (360 x 360 pixels) Super AMOLED
- Always On Display, Corning Gorilla Glass DX+ protection
- Exynos 9110 Dual-core 1.15 GHz processor
- 768MB / 1.5GB (LTE) RAM, 4GB Internal Memory
- Tizen-based Wearable OS
- Compatible with Android 5.0 or above with more than 1.5GB RAM
- Also compatible with iPhone 5 and above running iOS 9.0 or above
- Heart Rate Monitoring (with 8 Photodiodes), Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Accelerometer (measure up to 32g of force), Gyroscope, Barometer, Ambient Light
- 5ATM + IP68 water resistance, MIL-STD-810G certified for durability
- Dimensions: 44 x 44 x 10.9T (44mm)
- Dimensions: 40 x 40 x 10.9T (40mm)
- Weight: 30g (Aluminum 44mm), 26g (Aluminum 40mm)
- Weight: 42g (Stainless Steel 44mm), 37g (Stainless Steel 40mm)
- LTE (Optional), Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n
- NFC, A-GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou
- 340mAh (44mm) / 247mAh (40mm) battery
- WPC-based wireless charging